Have you ever wondered where all your time goes, or why you can’t accomplish as much in a day as you would like? One way to improve how you manage your time is to keep track of how your time is currently being spent by compiling a time diary. To do this you should:
1. Have a piece of paper handy.
2. Commit to recording for a week.
3. Write down that time you started a task.
4. What you did.
5. Why you choose that task.
6. When you finished.
7. Include everything you do.
8. Include non work related tasks that may be stealing your time.
9. Review your time dairy at the end of the week.
10. Have you noticed a pattern regarding how long certain tasks take?
11. What surprises were revealed?
12. What time of the day is your most productive?
13. What is the biggest waste of your time?
14. What is the first change you can make?
15. Use what you have learned in how you schedule your day.
16. If need be, continue your time diary for longer.
The home and office organising expert.
Helping individuals and businesses establish a successful home office.